Every Friday I share some of my favourite things from that week: articles, music, videos, books, food, makeup - pretty much anything goes - and I am very willing to admit I "stole" this idea from the wonderful Gala Darling and her "Things I Love Thursday."
First a recap from the past week…
- Notice anything new? I completely redesigned my website! Hope you like it!
- My latest Intuitive Eating Blog: “Finding Substitutes: What counts, What doesn’t“
- April’s Note from the Editor on Libero Network: http://www.liberonetwork.com/editors-note/april-2014
- Latest recovery vLog “How to Handle Triggering Friends“
- Guest Post on Self Injury for More Than Skin Deep
- An incredibly personal blog I wrote last week: “Blessed are the Forgetful…”
Now on to my favourites…
#1 – God’s Not Dead
I went to go see this movie and going in I was quite skeptical – low budget Christian film… – but I was so impressed by it and really moved. I definitely recommend going to see it!
#2 – THIS article on “Food Shaming”
You might think that food shaming (and self-food shaming for that matter) isn’t necessarily harmful—particularly if it encourages healthy eating. But experts say that judgmental comments about food are incompatible withmindful eating because they teach us to second-guess the signals we’re getting from our own bodies and to instead rely on inflexible food rules…Read here
Check out this awesome clip-out from my box of Multigrain cheerios – it’s so great to see a company that actually “gets it” (*ahem* Special K….) Visit worldwithoutdieting.com to find out more!
#4 – Every Character in Mean Girls, Ranked.
If I had my way, Mean Girls would show up in every Friday’s Favourites; but since you would probably resent my redundancy I will simply leave you with this… Thanks, Jezebel. [Read here]
#5 – and lastly – for the Jon Stewart fans out there… 26 Song Best of McConnelling. You’re welcome.