Recently I’ve encountered a lot of pro-diet talk, whether this be conversations I have with people, things I overhear on the street, or (sigh) the relentless media-diet-frenzy.
Sometimes it is easy to muffle out this talk and keep moving forward; however, sometimes it isn’t so easy. So for those days when Intuitive Eating seems like the long, straight, and narrow; when the voices of dieters seem to be overpowering the voice of reason; and when those diet books are calling from the “Health/Nutrition” section at Chapters, here is a little reminder…
My Reasons to Eat Intuitively:
- Because my body is my ally, not my enemy.
- For brownies when I want them.
- Because I have the right to honour my appetite.
- For body positivity.
- To say NO to a diet-crazed world.
- For my health–physical, mental, and even spiritual.
- Because my body knows best.
- To let go of obsession.
- For my recovery.
- Because bodies need food.
- Because food is not inherently “good” or “bad.”
- Because eating shouldn’t be associated with guilt or shame.
- Because nachos are wonderful, and so are salads.
- For the future generation.
- For freedom.
What are yours?