It’s that time of the year again. Actually, it’s past that time of the year again but let’s just leave that aside. On December 6th I turned twenty-eight and [as] [per] [tradition], here are some things I’ve learned over the past year…
- Being put under anaesthesia isn’t as scary as I once thought, but also isn’t as fun as I once thought.
- “You’re under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.” (source: Alan Watts)
- Cheese makes everything better; it also makes everything more congested… (farewell, Kraft; hello, Daiya)
- Pilates > Yoga (although Yoga is pretty great, too)
- Meditate, meditate, meditate.
- There’s a proper way to breathe. (source: Yoga Therapy and this)
- Lady Gaga still has it (even though it seemed she’d lost it for awhile).
- To move on we must forgive ourselves.
- PC > Mac. Android > iPhone. Windows > OS X. Bill Gates > Steve Jobs.
- Self-love is hard work and is more of a journey than a destination.
- When applying eyeshadow, start with the crease rather than the lid (exception: smokey eye).
- Shopping cruelty-free is easier than I thought (also: most cosmetics are tested on animals).
- China requires by law that any cosmetics sold within its borders be tested on animals (hence why any brand that sells in China is not cruelty-free).
- We’re eating our own rollerblades.
- It’s never too late to change. Start today, anyways.
- Fashion comes at a cost.
- Valentina on e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
- Drumpf is going to be President.
- Walt is “The Danger.” (source spoiler alert: Breaking Bad)
- Never lose sight of your “WHY”. (source: Simon Sinek TED Talk)
- There is always time for self-care.
- The longer you live, the faster time goes.
- You can only learn if you ask more questions than you answer.
- Grammarly is a writer’s (and non-writer’s) best friend.
- Caesar salad is making a comeback (or maybe it was never really gone…)
- Skincare tips: 1) For dehydrated or dry skin, use a hydrating mist rather than a regular toner 2) Apply face oil over moisturiser, not under 3) You don’t need to wash your face in the morning
- Dairy-Free Baileys exists.
- It’s better late than never.
Here are some things to look forward to this year:
- My return to YouTube on a significantly more regular basis (yay!!!)
- Head over to my Instagram to follow my “300 Days of Makeup” challenge
- Lots and lots more blogging about:
- Mental health
- Body image
- Body positive fitness + nutrition
- Makeup artistry + cosmetics